Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Experiments

While I was playing my Nintendo DS I was thinking of a really good idea and I asked my Mom if I could do it. And you know what it was? Of course I wanted to do experiments! My Mom and I mixed oil, water and food coloring.
First we put three drops of green food coloring, two drops of yellow and four drops of blue in a glass. Then we put water in and last but not least - oil! We mixed it all together and we smiled because we felt excited. The oil and the water did not mix. Even the food coloring did not mix with the oil. The oil was on top and the water was on bottom.
Next we put plain water and oil in another glass and then we put food coloring in. And guess where that ended up? It was trapped in the oil! It was really fun I tell ya!

You should try this at home!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenna ~
How cool was that? Now you might want to take those very same glasses and put one in the freezer, one in the frig and another one on a sunny window and see if there will be any changes and how they compare to each other - MMMM?

Anonymous said...

Opps ~
Forgot something - (the post earlier was from me!) ~
Grandma Dawnie
XXOO
PS ~ Grandpa says "hello!

Anonymous said...

what gave you the idea?
Kastine