We went to a Grossology museum last Thursday. The museum was about all the gross stuff that happens in your body. There was a giant nose that you could walk into, and a slide that was the esophagus and you landed in the stomach and then crawled through the intestines. There was a burp machine and a fart machine too. It was so gross! But I got through it and it was actually kinda funny. Mom and I went with my friend Rhiannon and her Mom.
My Mom bought me a gross and funny book about Grossology.
You want to learn facts about Grossology? I'm getting this from my book and here are a few I want to share:
-Your skin without the rest of your body weighs about 8 pounds.
-The only letter sounds that you can say without using your tongue are m, p, f and v.
-If you hear someone say that your Aunt Jackie had an itchy tongue, it doesn't mean she should go to the doctor. And "itchy tongue" is an old saying for someone anxious to repeat gossip.
-A silly wart cure is to cut an onion in half and rub the onion on the wart. Tie both halves of the onion together and bury it. When the onion rots the wart will have disappeared. (That is just plain weird!)
- Blood pudding anyone? Blood pudding is enjoyed by some people in Europe. It is sweetned and baked blood from a pig or cow. Sound terrible? Hey, don't knock it until you've tried it. Okay, how about blood bread? Bread soaked in blood and then fried is quite tasty. Unless, of course, the cook accidently over fries the bread. Then it's kinda like eating scabs. Eeeuuw!!!!!
- Maggots love rotting meat. Before there were antibiotics, maggots were sometimes used to clean up pus-filled wounds. Munch, Munch. All clean!!
Thanks for reading everyone! Hope that stuff wasn't too gross for you!!
2 comments:
Wow Brenna! Thank you so much for all that "yummy" information :)
Love you lots :)
Grandma Dawnie
EWWWWW...... sounds gross lol. I wish I went to the Grossology museum.
love you!;)
Your cousin,
Kastine
Post a Comment